Emergency Plumber in Plainfield
Same-Day Service Available in Naperville & Beyond
We know how stressful a plumbing emergency can be, which is why our 24-hour emergency plumbing services are available to you every single day of the year. Don’t prolong the anxiety and concern that you’re feeling! Get in touch with us right away for fast and reliable emergency plumbing in Plainfield, Naperville, or any of the surrounding suburbs. We’ll get your plumbing systems back in working order as quickly as possible.
Signs You Need an Emergency Plumber
Although it may seem that signs of a plumbing emergency would be very obvious, this isn’t always the case. You may realize that something is amiss, but unless you understand the urgency of the situation, you could very easily wind up with a major problem on your hands.
If you are trying to determine whether or not your situation is urgent, keep the following red flags in mind:
- More than one drain in your home is clogged: If more than one drain in your home is backed up, do not try to rectify the problem on your own. This is a sure sign that there is a larger underlying issue, typically with the sewers. Time is of the essence, and if not corrected quickly, this problem could lead to sewage backing up in your home.
- Water is pooling around your water heater: Older water heaters can rust out and simply burst, filling your home with gallons of water that you can’t control. Don’t wait—call right away.
- Water is pooling anywhere in your home: If you notice odd puddles or new water stains, especially if they seem to be getting larger as you’re inspecting them, this is a sure sign that you need emergency plumbing service.
- Your home suddenly sees a drastic drop in water pressure: This could be just a minor concern, or it could be a sign that your plumbing has a massive leak somewhere in the system (such as a broken pipe). Don’t leave it to chance.
Depending on the severity of the issue, other examples of plumbing emergencies include:
- Your clogged toilet can’t be corrected with a plunger
- Your toilet is leaking from the base
- You’ve suddenly noticed a terrible odor from your kitchen or bathroom drains
- You’ve suddenly noticed a rotten egg smell, specifically around gas appliances
Most Common Causes of a Plumbing Emergency
Plumbing emergencies can cause extensive, costly damage to your home. Fortunately, if you understand the most common causes of these emergencies, you can address the issue before it gets too out of hand or you may be able to prevent them altogether.
Here are some of the most common issues that lead to urgent plumbing situations later down the road:
- Failing to perform regular plumbing maintenance
- Old and/or outdated plumbing systems
- Exterior factors, like tree roots or digging where you shouldn’t
- Flushing items down the toilet that don’t belong there
- Improperly performed do-it-yourself plumbing projects
- Overloading your garbage disposal
- Ignoring a minor leak (it will become a larger problem)
- Messing with hoses or valves on any of your appliances
Sometimes, even with the best and most thorough plumbing maintenance, emergencies just happen. That doesn’t mean that you should let them destroy your home, however. If you notice something wrong with your plumbing, don’t wait for it to become a large scale disaster.
Background-Checked & Trusted Technicians For Your Safety
Family-Owned & Involved In Our Local Community
Licensed, Bonded & Insured With 30 Years Experience
Same Day & Emergency Service Available