If you’ve never had to hire a professional plumber, there are a few things that you should know before allowing any old handyman into your home. Hiring the right professional for the job can be tricky if you don’t know what to look for. Sure, you know good work when you see it and experience it, but how do you go about finding that person or company responsible for the job well done without actually seeing the end result? Well, we’ve got you covered. Here are some of the top qualities that you should look for when hiring a professional plumber:
- Respectful – A professional plumber will respect your time. When it comes to scheduling appointments, you want someone that you know you can count on to be there on time. Even if something comes up and he or she is delayed in any way, a professional will call to share this information with you. This is a sure sign that they respect your time, as well as the job that they do.
You also want to be on the lookout for someone who respects your home. After all, they may be working there for a few hours at a time, but you still have to live there. The mark of a real professional is someone who cares enough to take off his or her shoes before coming in the door (or at least cover them with booties). They should also protect and handle your property with care and tidy up after they work.
- Communicative – Before work even begins, you will be able to tell whether or not your chosen plumber will behave in a professional manner when they come out for the initial assessment and estimate. Your plumber should be very clear and upfront in giving you an estimate. This should be detailed and include costs for materials and labor. They should even explain how any extra time or materials will be charged so that you aren’t left with any unexpected surprises at the end of the job.
- Prepared – A professional plumber should always show up with the right tools, ready for the job at-hand. From first assessment, a truly experienced professional will arrive already knowing which tools and equipment will be necessary to get the job done. If complications arise, they will know how to troubleshoot and make timely decisions in order to resolve the problem, because a professional should never make excuses.
- Responsive – You will undoubtedly have questions come up during your appointment, and that is to be expected. A professional will be open to these questions and be able to answer them to the best of his or her ability. To that respect, they should be able to explain these answers in terms that anyone can understand.
- Corrective – The sign of a real professional is someone who is willing to accept their mistakes, address them and correct them. If, when your plumber finishes their work, you happen to notice something not quite right, they should be willing to fix it with no fuss, attitude or objection.
When in need, hiring a professional (the right professional, that is) is well worth the cost for true peace of mind and knowledge that you and your home are once again safe and sound. Just look for a company that exemplifies these key characteristics, and you won’t go wrong.
Here at Tritan, our outstanding team of professionals are some of the best in the business. Not only do we know what we’re doing, but we treat every job and every customer with the same great care and respect that they deserve. Contact us to discuss your plumbing needs today.