Tritan Plumbing is a family owned and operated business; trust us, we understand the importance of Thanksgiving. We’re so excited to have a day full of food and festivities with our family.
The holiday season can get pretty busy and we want your kitchen to be prepared for the activities ahead. Here are a few plumbing precautions for the Thanksgiving season:
- During Thanksgiving, turkey bones are a main cause of clogged sinks. Keep bones out of the sink to avoid clogs.
- If you have a problematic drain, take care of it before guests arrive for the holidays. We often get calls from people who had partially clogged drains that went unnoticed until the system is overwhelmed.
- Don’t pour cooking oils or fats down the drain, this creates build up in the pipes. Wipe off greasy plates and pots with paper towels and then throw away the towels.
- Stringy, fibrous waste also can tie up a drain and garbage disposal. Avoid putting potato peels, poultry skins and celery, for example, in the disposal.
- When you put food in the garbage disposal, make sure the faucet is already running. Don’t turn it on after it’s already full.
Finally, from our Family to yours: Happy Thanksgiving!